When you login to your Knock account for the first time, you will be taken to your To-do list:
"At a Glance":
On the righthand side, there are 4 "at a glance" sections containing useful summaries:
- 📈 Stats: These are useful stats about your community this week; new leads, tours, leases, etc. Your engagement score is what percentage of active prospects you have cleared off of your to-do list- so if you followup with all of them you can get to 100%!
- 💌 Unread messages: This shows the number of unread messages for each user in the account. Not everyone in this category will show up in the "Needs follow-up" section- e.g. people you are chatting back and forth with.
- 📝 Upcoming Renewals: This includes the first few residents at your community who have move out dates that are more than 30 days out. You can send them a text, email, or call them through Knock to see if they want to renew!
- 🚶🏻Upcoming Tours: Your first few upcoming tours on your community's calendar.
On the lefthand side, there are 5 categories of prospects in your To-do list:
- ⏳ Needs first contact- Prospects who have made their first contact with you, broken down by contact type: phone calls, texts, emails, chats, and self scheduled. In almost all cases, these prospects will be owned by the community "master user", e.g. "ABC Apartments", until you assign them over to an individual user. In this example, Jake has 2 new phone calls and 3 texts to followup with.
- ⏰ Today's follow-ups- These are prospects you need to followup with! This could be because you set a future followup reminder for yourself for today, or Knock is calculating that it's been 48 hours since you've last contacted them
- ✅ Appointments Pending Completion- These are prospects who have appointments in the past that you need to "Complete"- mark them as "No Show" or "Visited", and select Shown units
- 👟Post Tour Followup: These are prospects who visited the property that you need to followup with
- 🔍 Review stale prospects- These are prospects who have not sent you a message in over 14 days and who have no future followup set. With this group, it is likely most of them are dead leads, meaning they are no longer interested, not-responsive, or have rented elsewhere. So you'll typically want to mark them as "Lost".
Pro tip: If you hover over any section on the to-do list, it will display a tooltip explaining that section
Clearing out your to do list:
To begin clearing out your To-do list, simply click on either Start or View on each of the rows. Start will pull the lead carousel which will let you flip through each card, one after another. View will generate a list of the prospects for you to select individually. Once on the conversation view there are 3 ways to clear someone off of your to-do list:
- 📱 Contact them: Send them a text, email, or make an outbound call to them using Knock. This is highlighted in orange above.
- 📅 Set a future followup: Set a reminder for yourself to followup with them at a specific future date. This will take them off your to-do list until that date. The button for this is highlighted in bright green above.
- ⛔️ Close them out: When someone is no longer interested, unresponsive, or just "inactive" in general, you'll want to close them out by changing their status to "Lost". You can do this by clicking on the "Status" dropdown which is highlighted in red below.
To assign a prospect to yourself, click the Owner dropdown at the header of the conversation view (to the right of "Status"). You can also edit/add any contact info by going to the Edit/view profile section on the lefthand side and then clicking Save when you are done.
The engagement score is the % of active prospects (i.e. not lost/applied/leased) that you have followed up with in the last 48 hours, or have a future followup reminder scheduled for. Once you followup with every active prospect (or schedule a future followup), this engagement score will be 100%.
NOTE: It is possible for your engagement score to be 100% and to still have items on your to-do list. For example, you could have followed up with every active prospect (and have 100% engagement score) but still have appointments that are pending completion (and thus items on your Appointments Pending Completion section). Or you can have prospects that have not responded to you in 14 days or more (and thus items on your Review for Closeout section.