Every Knock tracking number comes with a built-in IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system. This IVR system provides an audio greeting to both prospects and residents, allows for number key entry to collect certain information, and connects all calls to a custom destination line where the call can be answered.
Here is the general flow visualized:
You are welcome to record your own prospect greeting, and upload this greeting audio file in the Knock admin dashboard. Here are instructions for updating this.
If you do not add a custom greeting audio file, the number will use a default greeting. Below is the default prospect audio greeting that is heard by prospects (click to hear audio):
"Thanks for calling the property! We will connect your call shortly. After the call, we'd like to followup with you by text message so we can respond more quickly. If you agree to text, press 1 now. You will also be able to self schedule an appointment by text. If you do not agree to text, press 2. Thank you!"
Although the default prospect audio greeting only informs the prospects that they can press “1” or "2", we actually accept 5 key inputs. This allows you to adjust the script of your prospect audio greeting depending on which functionality you want to include. The 5 prospect input keys include:
- 📱Press 1 to receive a text with current availability and to schedule a tour online, as well as opt into future texting
- ☎️ Press 2 or stay on the line to speak with a leasing consultant
- 🛌 Press 3 to self-identify as a resident. This will mark the guestcard as “Not a prospect - Resident” which will prevent this guestcard from displaying on the To-Do list and any active prospect list. This will also forward their call to the resident destination number
- 💼 Press 4 to self-identify as a vendor. This will mark the guestcard as “Not a prospect - Vendor” which will prevent this guestcard from displaying on the To-Do list and any active prospect list.
- 🔁 Press 9 to repeat the menu/greeting
This broader IVR menu is helpful if you want to pre-qualify incoming calls. The downside is that it does add some time for the prospect to be connected to the leasing office.
If you’d like to utilize all 5 of these input options, we recommend the following prospect audio greeting script:
“Thank you for calling ABC Apartments! Please listen to this short menu. If you are looking for a new home, and you’d like to receive a text from us that will allow you to schedule a tour as well as text with us in the future, Press 1. If you are looking for a new home and would like to speak with a leasing consultant, press 2. If you are a current resident, press 3. If you are a vendor, press 4. To repeat this menu, press 9.”
Residents that call your Knock tracking phone numbers will not experience a menu option. Instead, they will be met with a resident audio greeting, after which they will be forwarded onto the resident destination number.
Below is the default resident audio greeting that is heard by residents (click to hear audio):
Note: you can also customize this greeting by following the instructions here.