Knock integrates with Facebook! For an overview of this this works, see our support article here. For setup, we will walk you through step by step below.
In order to properly integrate property Facebook page with your Knock account, there are a couple things to note before getting started:
- Knock can only integrate with a Facebook “Page”. We are not able to integrate with a personal Facebook account (perhaps set up as an individual user), but instead must be a property Page
- Only Page admins will be able to connect a Facebook Page to a Knock account. To view Admins for a given page, login to facebook and under your Property page go to Settings > Page Roles > Existing Page Roles:
Note: You must be a “Page Admin” and not a different role, such as “Page Editor”.
Once you have confirmed that your property has a proper Page set up, and you have identified a Page Admin within Business Manager, below are the steps to complete the connection between Facebook and Knock.
Knock <> Facebook Integration Setup
1. From the Admin > Integrations page, locate the community you wish to integrate Facebook with and click +Add Facebook Integration
2. A popup will appear with a button that says “Login via Facebook”:
3. The next screen with say “Continue As (Your Name)”. If you are the Page Admin, click on this button. If you are not a Page admin, you will need to switch users by clicking on the profile icon in the top right corner of the window.
4. The next screen will say “Knock CRM would like to manage your Pages, send messages from Pages you manage and access leads for your Pages.” Click “OK” in the bottom right corner.
Note: do not deselect the default permissions or the integration will not work.
5. The next screen in the Knock Admin dashboard will display a list of Facebook Pages for which you have the proper permissions. To complete the integration, click on the green Integrate button next to the corresponding Knock community:
Once you click Integrate you are all done!
Knock <> Facebook Lead Ads Setup
Basic Contact info
Our Lead Ads integration will be able to automatically create new prospects when a Lead Ad form is submitted.
To create a custom ad, navigate to Publishing Tools > Forms Library and then hit the +Create button:
On the pop up, select New Form and then Next.
In order for us to properly map the form responses to the Knock prospect profile fields, you will need to set up your forms fields to match the requirements below:
- First name (must be distinct field)
- Last name (must be distinct field)
- Email (strongly recommended)
- Phone (strongly recommended)
Under the Content tab, navigate to the Questions section of the form. Under User Information click Show more options:
Now you will want to uncheck Full name and then check First name and Last name:
Note: You must make the first name and last name separate fields, as shown above, in order to ensure name correctly parses into the Knock guestcard.
Optional- Move date + Bedroom Preferences
If you'd like, you can also setup your ads to include asking the prospect their preferred move in date and preferred number of bedrooms.
On the Create Form page, under the Content tab, navigate to the Questions section. Under Custom Questions (Optional), click + Add Custom Question:
You can add either of the following two Multiple Choice questions for Move date and/or Bedrooms.
Note: The wording for both the question and the multiple choice options must exactly match the below verbatim or the info will not populate into Knock.
Move date question: When are you looking to move?
Move date options (use as many or as few as you want):
- The next 7 days
- The next 7-30 days
- The next 31-90 days
- The next 91-180 days
- 180+ days
- I'm not sure
Note: Because Facebook does not support a date field, we will be mapping the above answers to a corresponding number of days in the future. This will be as follows:
- The next 7 days > 1 day from today
- The next 7-30 days > 14 days from today
- The next 31-90 days > 60 days from today
- The next 91-180 days > 120 days from today
- 180+ days > 180 days from today
- I'm not sure > No date will be extracted
Bedrooms question: How many bedrooms?
Bedrooms options (use as many or as few as you want):
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bedrooms
- 3+ bedrooms
Here is what this should look like for Move dates:
When you are done customizing the ad, you can click either Save or Finish depending on when you want to publish.
Once you finish and publish your Lead Ad, all responses will generate new prospects within Knock, and their responses will be mapped to their prospect profile.
If you want to test this out or troubleshoot, please see below steps:
- Navigate to the Lead Ads Testing page on Facebook
- Follow instructions here for creating and sending a test lead
- If the tracking reports that the lead failed with the error
CRM access has been revoked from Lead Access Manageryou will need to grant access to Knock CRM from Facebook Business Manager Lead Access Settings
- From the lead access settings page, select the Facebook page that you wish to grant access to from the Leads Access column on the left.
- Next select CRMs from the Assigned People and Partners column and select Knock CRM from the Connected CRMs list.
- Click Assign Access
Pro tip: If you are still not seeing your leads appear, try verifying that the user that setup the integration has been granted access to the leads via the Leads Access Manager from Facebook Business Manager.
Here is some more info from Facebook on the different permission levels for lead access
Once that is complete, you should be able to follow the steps for creating a test lead again to verify leads are flowing properly!
General Note: If the integrating user changes their password, or revokes access, our tokens we use for retrieving leads become invalid.
In this case, you would need to remove and re-add the integration for the community in order to get it working again.